Times have been finalized for the State Choir Festival at the Libby Gardner Concert Hall in SLC this Saturday, May 10. Please arrange your personal schedules to accommodate the following schedule.
4:30 pm - Meet at PHS (You may pick your robes at this time)
5:45 pm - Arrive at Concert Hall, watch festival
6:15 pm - Bella Voce warmup
6:45 pm - Bella Voce performance
7:00 pm - Bella Voce clinic
7:15 pm - Bella Voce return to concert hall / Concert Choir warmup
7:45 pm - Concert Choir performance
8:00 pm - Concert Choir clinic
8:15 pm - Load busses
9:20 pm - Return to PHS
If you have a conflict that you have NOT indicated through email or the online form to Mr. Wiser, please do so IMMEDIATELY.
This Saturday, April 26th, is the State Solo & Ensemble Festival. This year it is being held at Orem High School (175 S 400 E, Orem, UT 84097). The preliminary schedule is as follows:
12:45pm - Seminary Room 4 - Spencer Gunn
12:50pm - Seminary Room 4 - Jeff Prows
12:55pm - Seminary Room 4 - Alex Swindler
1:00 pm - Seminary Room 4 - "Sure On This Shining Night"
1:30 pm - Seminary Room 1 - "April is in My Mistress' Face"
2:05 pm - Seminary Room 5 - McGriff/Chilcoat "All Through the Night"
2:10 pm - Seminary Room 5 - "The Band Played On"
3:00 pm - Auditorium - Chamber Singers (meet in Auxiliary Gym at 2:15pm)
3:20 pm - Seminary Room 6 - Addison Austin
This schedule is final. No changes can be made. Please contact Mr. Wiser immediately if something comes up.
- Plan to arrive 1 hour before your performance time to allow for parking, warm-up, finding your room, etc. Come dressed for your performance.
- There will be an auxiliary gym with several pianos that can be used for warming up. You may also leave your belongings there while you are performing, but be sure not to leave any valuables.
- Mr. Wiser will have your adjudication form ready for you in your room at the time of your performance.
- You are responsible for having an original copy of music to give to the judge. The music should be free of rehearsal markings and the measures numbered.
- Keep quiet in the halls and other areas outside of performance areas to show respect for the other performers.
- Friends and family are welcome to come watch your performances. Please remind them to observe proper concert etiquette (i.e.: do not enter/exit a room during a performance, turn off cell phones during performances, be attentive/respectful during performances)
- Chamber Singers: Plan to observe at least 2 other Chamber Choirs throughout the day. I don't believe there will be many opportunities after our performance, so plan ahead.